Tuesday, July 9, 2013

One Shirt, Five Ways: My Favorite StitchFix Top

In a previous post I mentioned how much I love StitchFix--an online retailer who assigns me a stylist to shop for fun a unique clothing. In my very first "fix" I received a shirt I never would have thought would look good on me. They proved me wrong.
It is a slightly sheer fabric, so I have to wear a cami underneath. And you're not seeing things, it is cut shorter in the front and longer in the back.
 
Not only did they prove me wrong, but this shirt has become one of my very favorite pieces of clothing. It's full of colors that are easy to mix with, it's comfy, it has great details and the cut is so versatile!

 Up-close so you can see the colors, light material and detail at the neckline.

I decided it would be fun to do a few posts about how I change up the items in my closet and get lots of good out of them--especially with something as trendy as this top. If you're going to buy something that's "hot" one season, you'll want to make sure you get your money's worth. (It may be "not" next season!) 


Style #1: Business Casual Office Wear
I've actually worn this outfit to the office a few times and to a meeting. It's comfortable, yet stylish while looking professional. I simply throw on my black leggings, a black cami, then the top, a bright orange cardigan and my go-to reddish orange ballet flats. I kept the jewelry simple, so just some woven black earrings.
Daytime office wear

Style #2: Casual Friday
I also like to wear the shirt on the outside of skinny jeans. Since the top is long and loose, I feel like I need to keep the bottoms rather slender. I paired this with my "I can't believe I just found this on sale" leather jacket, brown riding boots, a tomato red textured scarf and some large silver earrings.
I like that this could transition to a Friday casual date night too

Style #3: Saturday in the Park (I think it was the 4th of July)--sorry couldn't resist finishing the lyric
In this case, I tucked the shirt in and bloused it out a bit with my black Bermuda shorts. I added some sandals and lots of silver jewelry.

A skinny colorful belt might be nice here too, but since I bloused the shirt, I didn't feel like it needed one.

Style #4: Dressy Date Night
I feel really put together when I wear something like this. Since we aren't really "dressy" people I think I've only worn this once. But it's still a good look! I tucked the shirt in smooth--not a lot of blousing this time--with a slim fit black skirt. I added a tan belt and tan wedge sandals. Since I wore a blue cami underneath, I punched up the color with bright blue woven earrings and an orange bangle.
My "I've got it all together" look

Style #5: Sunday Brunch
While we're being colorful, we may as well embrace it. In this case, I paired the shirt with my tomato red denim skinny cropped pants and kept the shirt on the outside since they're skinnies. To add another color to the mix, I wore my turquoise ballet flats and lots of turquoise jewelry.
Embrace the colors!
You might not have even noticed, but I didn't do any necklaces with this shirt. I'm sure you could, but I wanted to let the fun neckline speak for itself, so I just stuck with larger, statement earrings instead. With my short hair, I also think the earrings keep it looking feminine.

I hope you enjoyed this post. It was really fun to put together. I'm already scheming a few more soon (maybe my mustard yellow cropped pants--who knew those could be so versatile?)!

Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment